No Easy Way Out

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: No Easy Way Out

Post by Batman on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Clarification: his feet are not bleeding.
Batman
Admin

View user profile http://dzdroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:04 pm

/Mein Gott.../ Honor moaned in his head as Dove began to whine not even fifteen minutes onto their trip. First he was just wanting to be carried. /Seriously?/, but soon, he was moaning about leaking eyes and bleeding feet (Honor checked. They weren't.)

He was done.

"In the name of Merlin just shut your freaking pie hole Dove! No, I won't carry you! We need to keep moving, and I have had it with you! I'll help you get rid of the guys coming after you, but I won't be your babysitter. Now shut your trap, or I'll shut it for you." He ranted, rubbing his hands together to imply the method by which he would "shut his trap".

Off in the distance, dust began to pick up along the road, and before long, a relatively beat up old Dodge rolled up to the two of them, and the passenger side window opened, to reveal a darker skinned man in typical clothing of his generation, a bright white and blue hoodie, hood up of course, and a can of Coors hanging limply in his hand. If Honor had to guess, his pants were probably sagging too.

"Hey man, you need a lift?" He asked, pointing down the road, the direction they were going.

"Do I ever..." Honor smiled and muttered at the same time to the kind young man, moving towards the vehicle, eager, yet revealing a blood-and-tear stained Dove .

"Um..." He stalled, witnessing the bloody mess alongside Honor. "Actually man... We're goin' the other way..." Breaking out into a nervous sweat, he turned to the driver and quite audibly whispered to him, "Mans freaking beatin on a kid. Let's just go."

And just like that, with only a few blinks in response from Honor, they sped away, to the horizon.

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Dove had pretty much thrown himself over Honor's shoulder by the time the Dodge rolled in. He hardly listened to the exchange. He had mastered tuning out Honor's rant and now he was tuning out the guy in the vehicle. As the Dodge drove away, Dove kinda just rested there for a second, not reacting when he began to slip slowly, slowly... and then land on the ground on his butt with a thud. He rubbed at his face with a grumble, annoyed that the drying blood was turning itchy. With a sudden sneeze, it all just kinda shook off in flakes. Dove was confused. Er, that's not the way blood was suppose to work, but okay...

His face was clean, but it had happened too late.

"Honor?" Dove had taken to flitting around the wizard like a buzzing fly now. "Honor, are we there yet? We're there aren't we? My cousin works there," he said, abruptly pointing out the little shop and then turning to Honor. "Are you hungry? Do you like wheatgrass? Where are we gonna find my hexer?"
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:59 pm

"My cousin works there." Dove said, pointing to a small shop in town.

Just great. This kid was borderline psychopathic himself. For some reason, though, the family /always/ seems to be worse. Exponentially so, in many cases. He was /not/ looking fora ward to meeting coz crazy, or maybe auntie loony, uncle mcpsycho...

But, then again, he was hungry. And tired, but mostly hungry.

Heck, maybe he was hungry enough to eat Wheat Grass.

"...Let's go..." He murmured, nodding to Dove.

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:17 am

Dove ceased his flitting about when Honor suggested that they go inside. He looked to the glass door of the shop for a moment and just kinda eyed it, somewhat apprehensive to go inside and reveal his recent shenanigans to his no-nonsense cousin.

Maria wiped away the smudge on the glass as she chattered with a frequent customer. The bell on the door rang and she glanced up, her face falling when she saw who entered. Dove had brought a man with him, which was fine since he always seemed to be dragging around one temporary companion or another. But both Dove and the man had little smudges of blood on them that made her heart sink.

"Dove," she voiced accusingly, "what did you do?"

Dove gave a solemn shrug and tried to avoid looking Maria in the face. "I found my wizard."

"Whose blood is that?"

"Mine."

"I'm not sure if I believe you."

Dove sat down at a stool and hunched over in guilty silence while Maria eyed the man. He didn't /look/ like a wizard.
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:15 am

Honor was actually pleasantly surprised by Dove's cousin. She at least didn't /look/ like a loon. On the other hand, she actually appeared to be a particularly well-adjusted individual. Then again, that was the case for many loons and crazies.

He'd tread on thin ice, figuratively speaking, until he was certain that this lady wasn't going to murder him for no reason.

Supernatural Caution. That's what he'd call this.

Honor nodded his head briefly to Dove's cousin. "Hello ma'am, my name is Honor Carmichael. And yes, that is Dove's own blood. Long story, I'm sure you're used to those... Are you his guardian?"

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:47 pm

Maria's messy hair bund bounced as she tossed her head back upon hearing the man's question. "HaHA," she exclaimed with apparent mirth. "Did you hear that, Dove? He thinks you have a guardian." Dove's head went down to rest of the table and Maria poked it as she spoke. "I think you need a guardian."

"I'm seventeen," came Dove's muffled protest from the table.

"Exactly. Shouldn't you be on a leash for another year?"

"NooooooOOOOOO..." Clearly Dove was quite alright with an independent life on the road.

"/Dios/ little one... you're such a vagabond."

Dove sat up with a huff and moved away from his cousin's pestering hand. "Excuuuuuuuse me while I go vagabond my way outside," he snapped before turning and walking out with a pout.

Maria gave a sigh. "He never lets me speak for very long about parents. Thinks he doesn't need one. I keep waiting for Social Services to cart him away one day and make him hold still for once, but he sure is slippery." The small female shook the thoughts from her mind with a sad shake of the head. "Ay, never mind. As long as he is safe. Is that what you are doing?" Honor was abruptly met with the stern and mother-like gaze of one who would take on the role of angry Mama Bear for Dove if need be. "You /are/ keeping him safe?"

Meanwhile Dove was on the ground outside, confused as to why no one seemed to notice that a man had him by the collar. "You know, I can't promise your friend's safety," the ginger-bearded man murmured as he kept Dove pinned to the ground. He was not worried about witnesses, for the concealment spell seemed to be keeping the scene under wraps for the time being. "Surely you can be persuaded to let him go."

Doves eyes were wide. A bruise on his jaw already existed where the boy had tried to fight back before. All he could do now was shake his head in a panic. As the fist came down again, Dove cried out. "No!" He felt his panic surge from him, taking shape just long enough to cause the man to cry out. Next thing Dove knew, the man was nursing a broken hand a few feet away and people had taken to noticing them again.
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:05 pm

Honor sighed as Dove swiftly exited the store. Great. His words quite visibly already reignited some kind of tension between Dove and his sister. Walking on eggshells. Awesome job. Ten stars. Should be a freaking diplomat.

Soon however, the woman seemed to turn her ire towards Honor.

"You /are/ keeping him safe?"

C3PO mode activate...

Honor had a bad feeling about this.

"I... Don't know what I'm doing ma'am, to be entirely honest. He needs my help dealing with some people apparently trying to keep him in the city... So I'm helping him." He kinda shrugged as he looked out the window, seeing Dove flat on his back, and a burly man gripping his hand in pain.

/Mein Gott./

Charging out of the store, Honor kneeled before Dove, looking over him. Didn't look like any firearms were involved, thank the aforementioned /Gott/. Just a roughing up. Looking at the kid, Honor had a realization. Where'd all that blood from the suitcase go? He never washed, but most of that dried blood was gone. Even the stains. Odd.

After making sure Dove was okay, Honor moved to the second man. He had a feeling he knew where this guy came from... While gripping his unmarked hand, his marked hand quite clearly displayed an elaborate Crucifix, an anatomically correct depiction of Christ on the Cross. The various markings, a lamb, a goat and a scale, surrounding the Crucifix quite clearly denoted him as a Minor Witch Hunter.

The Inquisition.

Honor swiftly sent his perfectly, perhaps /supernaturally/, stylish dress shoe into the man's face, knocking him out instantly.

Kick 'em while they're down. First Rule of Wizardry.

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:29 pm

Dove couldn't seem to muster up any words for Honor when he rushed outside. All that came to him as Honor checked him for wounds was a quiet, overwhelmed "ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

Later on when his half a brain was over the stress, he would realize that he rather approved of Honor's butt-kicking methods. A shoe to the face to take out the man was... beautiful. Best takedown he'd ever seen!

Maria was not far behind Honor. "/Dios mio!/"

Dove cringed, automatically expecting some sort of rebuke. "It wasn't my fault," he whined as Maria's hands hauled him up and she began checking for blood.
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:37 pm

Honor looked down at the incapacitated Witch Hunter. This wasn't good. It looked like something more than a mere attempt to contain Dove in the city. Now they're sending people after him. They already apparently knew of his cousin's store. Odds are they knew where else Dove may hide. They probably had agents in place at each of those places.

He turned Dove and his cousin with urgency. "Okay, long story short, this thug is an Inquisitor. A Witch Hunter. He's after Dove, and he was laying in ambush. If the Inquisition knows about this store, they no doubt have agents in place at any regular or past haunt of yours. We need to get moving, before they realize something's wrong. We'll take John Doe here and question him once we've reached a safe place..."

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:43 pm

Maria was obviously having trouble taking this all in while Dove was clearly dejected upon hearing this news. "Awwwwwww," he lamented while Maria let out a "Whaaaaaaaa?"

Next came the priorities of the two cousins, vocalized out loud to Honor who seemed to know what he was doing.

"Where can we go?" Maria was scared.

"Will there be food?" Dove was hungry.

Dove yelped as Maria's hand bopped him over the head. "Pay attention, Dove!"

"I am, I am! Geez, Maria!"
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:31 pm

/Here we go/. Already these two were asking him what they were going to do. To be perfectly honest, Honor didn't really know. He was winging it about as much as Dove was. He couldn't let them know that though. They seemed to look up to him already.

Great.

"It's okay. Go back, get every valuable you can't live without. We're going to go and find a motel, crash there for the night until we can get our bearings." Honor rattled off, there had to be enough motels in the city that the Inquisition couldn't have them all ready to ambush.

The scarf...

Oh joy.

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:22 am

When valuables were brought up, Dove just kept standing there while Maria went to get her car. It was a shame, really, having to leave so soon before the parking meter had run out. She didn't like wasting money like that.

A Subaru Outback pulled up next to Honor and Dove and the passenger side window rolled down so that she could order the two to board. [minor powerplay, lemme know if you don't like it:] Once the two were inside with Dove in the back and Honor on shotgun, she pulled into the Boulder traffic and began driving east.

"I'm still hungry."

"/Ay ay ay, chico/!"

To Dove's credit, this was the first time he had even complained during the drive so far. He had spent most of the time napping across the back seat, using his scarf as a pillow and his dark wavy hair as a curtain to keep out the light. But now that he was awake and sitting up, he was determined.

"Maria, I haven't eaten since this morning!"

"Well that's your fault, isn't it?"

"No, Honor-"

"If you are about to blame him for your own forgetfulness, I invite you to /reconsider/."

Dove fell silent under Maria's threatening tone. Now here was the /expected/ product of a hard childhood in South America. Maria did not take crap, especially not from her little cousin. She would be more than happy shoot Dove's crap down with a shotgun, if necessary.

The silence was short lived. Dove's head popped up next to Maria's shoulder. "I'm still hungry," he whispered timidly in her ear. Maria shot Dove a glare and then gave a sigh, scanning the surrounding shops for a fast food restaurant.

"There's a Burger King over there," Maria said with a gesture as she looked to Honor.
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:53 pm

Honor wordlessly entered the Outback. Thoughts swirled in his mind as he drew up thought and memory of the Inquisition. Honor really had no solution to the problem with that revelation.

But he had two kids to watch out for now.

Figures. No backing out now. He kind of tuned them out as he considered his so precious few options. Actual information of the Inquisition is limited. The Wizardly Community assumed that after the Papacy removed their blessing from the original Inquisitions, they had died out. Only a decade ago though, there was a massive spike in deaths and disappearances of Wizards and Warlocks.

The perpetrators had left signs. They called themselves The Inquisition and they called their mission one from God. It's still unknown their leaders, motives , or anything of their means beyond the most rudimentary strategies. They didn't even know if this was the original Inquisition or an offshoot.

Regardless, when the Inquisition resurfaced, needless to say... No one expected it.

His thoughts were interrupted with the mention of Burger King. He looked down at the time. He'd really rather get to a motel and get settled in, but he figured it'd better to simply eat first...

"Sure thing. We can go ahead and eat..." He nodded to Maria.

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Inside the Burger King, Dove had taken the ordering responsibilities upon himself. A moo sandwich for him, cluck cluck rocks for Maria, and a bowl of leaves for Honor because wizards always need to watch their figures. The cashier read off the cost and Dove was suddenly gone, conveniently on the other side of the room perched on the edge of a chair. Maria blinked, unsure of how he'd moved so fast but obviously used to it seeing how she quickly regained composure and paid for the food herself. "And a crown," came Dove's call from the other side of the restaurant. "Don't forget the crown. Actually, I can just get that now. Save you the trouble." He really wanted that crown.

With Dove paper-crowned as the new King of Burger, he felt pretty satisfied. But his toes grew jealous. As he and Maria sat in a booth, she had to keep telling him to keep his bare feet down on the ground.

"But but but...!"

"No, Dove!"

"But they're yelling at me." Dove truly seemed emotionally hurt by the mood of his toes. The forlorn look on his face prompted Maria to use a gentler tone, though she would /not/ allow those feet on the bench. "They want crowns too. Maria, we need more crowns!"

Maria abruptly threw up her hands with a splutter. "Dove, you are SUCH a child!"

"I'M SEVENTEEN!"

"Hush!"
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:57 pm

Upon entering the Burger King, Honor had one objective in mind.

Bathroom. That was a long walk...

Allowing Maria and Dove to order for him, he figured he'd eat just about anything at this point, he went straight into the men's room to do his business. That took priority over getting the right condiments on his Whopper.

After finishing up, he exited the bathroom to watch a truly terrible sight. Sibling, erm, counsinly...? Arguments. Dove screamed over to Maria, "I'M SEVENTEEN!" who proceeded to hush him as loudly as she could.

Ah family. As Honor approached the booth they sat at, he noticed that on the table, the only untouched meal was a salad. Immediately, Honor saw the opportunity to get back at Dove for violating his client, his privacy, and getting him involved in this mess. With a bit of mischief.

Supernatural mischief even.

Okay, not really, this mischief was entirely mundane.

"Dove!" Honor yelled, putting on his angry face. There was no one else in the store save for the employees, so embarrassment was minimal. "Did /you/ order this for me?! You insensitive prick! I'm on the Atkins diet! How am I supposed to eat this!? Have you /ever/ seen me eat /any/ vegetables /ever/!?"

Oh this could be fun...

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:16 pm

Dove was too busy bickering to take note of Honor's approach. The man was quite unremarkable in appearance and therefore easy to overlook. That is, unless he starts yelling.

Dove's arms flew up, flailing into a shielding position while Honor began yelling about diets. What the poptarts is "at-kinz"?? Dove didn't reply, but instead risked exposing an arm long enough to reach out and speechlessly slide his wrapped burger over in Honor's direction with a single index finger.

Meanwhile, Maria was watching the wizard with an arched brow. She'd seen plenty of health nuts make a big deal about nutrition, but this was a record.
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:08 pm

Honor's tantrum came to an end, as the obviously perplexed Dove slid a burger towards him.

Mission accomplished. He picked up the burger, tossed it back to Dove with a slight grin. "I'm just kidding Dove. Thanks for the salad." He chimed, dousing his salad in copious amounts of ranch dressing, making it resemble more of a soup than a salad.

After meals were eaten and finished, Honor looked over the table. They had to get organized soon, or the Inquisition would have their way with then at every turn.

"Dove, Maria, we're in a serious situation, as you know. The guys coming after you, the Inquisition, are well-connected. I cannot use my credit card, else I expose our location with it. We can't even stay in a place for more than a night, less the enchantment on Dove's scarf give away our position." He sighed, slight beads of sweat forming at the talk of the Inquisition. "Our enemies are ruthless, absolutely tireless. Whatever they want Dove for, it ain't pretty, and they will not stop until they have him. We need to be mobile. Maria, do you have any family members who's homes we can crash at to start us off? I need as many resources as possible to keep us alive."

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Dove's perplexity increased as the burger was tossed back to him. He caught it in both hands and clutched it close to himself, his expression growing grumpy as he realized what had just happened. He was tempted to chuck the burger back in Honor's face, but he valued food more than he valued payback. He unwrapped the sandwich and ate it by ripping pieces from the edges and popping them each into his mouth to be thoughtfully and thoroughly chewed. When Honor told them that they should know about the serious situation they were in, Dove shook his head obliviously while Maria gave a grave nod. "What about my house," she asked.
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:18 pm

Honor simply shook his head.

"No. Not your house. There's no doubt they got that placed under lockdown by now. Probably ambush waiting..."

/The safe houses. Right./ Honor could swear he was such an idiot sometimes.

"Okay, I got it. A number of Wizardly organizations set up a number of safe houses across the country, there's one here in Boulder. The safe house should be... Well... Safe from the Inquisition while we plan our next move."

The scarf though. They were still tracking them with that scarf. Of course they had to tag the kid's freaking security blanket. Why not something he wouldn't mind losing? Like a finger? Or his ear? Someone tracked a man by the name of Van Gogh once by tracking his ear. Pity Gogh cut off the wrong one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~||~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a trip to the other side of Boulder, and being sure to take as few side streets as possible, Honor, Dove and Maria arrived at a small, square building, cleaned out with a "For Lease" sign in the window.

Of course, it wasn't actually open for lease, that'd have been dumb. There was an entire, highly defensible bunker underneath that floor, outfitted with food, water, books, an ancient TV with like, 7 channels.

Yes. It had knobs.

Entering the building, Honor could feel the buildup if magical energies from below the room. Something was going on down there. It took intense emotion to stir up that much raw energy. So either a love struck couple was having the time of their lives down there or...

Honor opened the secret entrance, through a minor spell, to be greeted by a wizard on the floors to the safe room. Ceaphas, he knew him to be, or was. The man's face was bloody and torn, his body riddled with gun shots and both his arms quite visibly dislocated. Not being the worst of it, his back was branded. A giant crucifix burned into the man's back, with the images of the viper, the devil and the dragon inlaid within.

This man was "purified".

A pair of voices from below rumbled. "I heard something. Someone opened the gates!"

"Get moving, before they see the body!"

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:23 am

Maria and Dove were trying their utmost to cope with this all too familiar situation. Maria grew quiet, if not somewhat gruff. Like a soldier preparing for battle, her mind sunk deeper into a war mentality as they drove on. She remembered doing this before, a few years ago when she and Dove had been given no choice but to try to put as many country borders between them and their childhood.

Dove remembered it too. Or at least, the memory was there /somewhere/ in his brain's archives. The boy spent most of the drive anxiously pacing through his mental memory storage, averting his mind's eye whenever he had to pass the stacks of messy crimson memories that he had shoved into a corner. No, this situation was not familiar. He would not admit it. He did not want to acknowledge those memories that could make his stomach turn with a mere glance. He did not want to return to that numbing mindset of gritty "survival".

So he talked. He talked in his mind, he talked out of his mind, vocalizing some random thoughts when the crimson pile's whispers needed to be drowned out by louder decibels of thinking.

"...I can't swallow Mountain Dew."

Maria's hazel eyes flicked to the rear view mirror to catch a glimpse of her cousin's expression. The stubbornly forced cheerful smile was a clear warning signal to her, and she humored the chuckling boy by allowing him to lead a conversation.

"Is that so? Why can't you swallow Mountain Dew?"

"All the carbon and sugar."

"Yeah? What's wrong with it?"

"Too much. It hurts."

Their bland conversation continued until they reached the safe house. It was here that Honor bade them to get out and it was here that Dove first saw the clear effects of the wizard's magic. One moment the room was empty and the next, a secret entrance was revealed.

A BODY.

Maria gave a start and jumped to a more ready fighting stance while Dove panicked. With a vengeful WHOOSH, the crimson pile of memories in the corner of his mind blasted him in the face, linking arms with this new grotesque sight that lay before him and dancing across his eyes in a sick, twisted chorus line of pain and horror. He haltingly turned away, clenching his fists as he felt the stress quickly manifest, rise and harden in his veins. He could feel it building up. It hurt to have it sitting in him. He wanted to release it...

That's when he saw Maria enter his line of sight and and grab hold of his shoulders. She was mouthing some word, her expression urgent: /Tio. Tio!/ Uncle. Another bloody recollection danced across Dove's mind's eye, but it was effective. The buildup stopped just short of Dove's wrists and held there, now dammed in Dove's body by the fear of what pain he would cause through relieving his own pain. Owowow, it hurt! Tears sprang up in his eyes! With a sob, Dove pulled away the painful dam before Maria could mouth any other words. Her hair rustled faintly as the buildup pushed up and out of his open palms and upwards, harmlessly hitting the ceiling with a /whump/ as though it were an invisible pillow. Maria resisted the urge to slap Dove and instead took him by the wrist and looked to Honor for some sort of instruction. She could hear the voices. How well could the voices hear /them/?
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:17 pm

/Mein Gott.../ everything just happened so fast. As soon as the entrance was opened, he felt the sheer panic and buildup of energy from Dove behind him, and a sudden, albeit softened release.

Except, he couldn't have... No time to think about it now, Maria looked to Honor, a question in her eyes. "What do we do?" They seemed to say. The two men continued their now half-muted conversation, getting louder as they neared the stairs.

Even if the three of them ran, the Inquisition would know a wizard had tried to access a safe room. In Boulder. With Ceaphas dead, how many were actually left besides him? Two? Three? The manhunt would intensify, with two targets in the area, both Honor and Dove, both of their lives would be at greater risk than before. They had to fight.

Quickly, though with little physical comfort, Honor built up a store of energy in his head, a preparation for a mental assault on the guards when they appeared.

One of them rounded the corner, a short, burly, pale man carrying an assault rifle of some sort. Honor could only hold the energy so long. He had to let it go on the poor man.

Mental attacks of this caliber were brutal, savage even. Honor had been the target of one before.

The initial pain feels like a sharp object literally piercing the skull, and drilling its way to the core of the mind. A physical manifestation of the metaphysical events occurring. Once the core has been reached, the attack takes every negative feeling; every guilt, every mental and emotional anguish, not to mention the physical and psychological. It takes these, and in one single act, opens the floodgates, more than enough to turn even the roughest man into a sobbing and self-pitying wreck.

This man apparently had his fair share of anguishes. He immediately dropped to the floor, his breathing uneven and ragged, tears and sweat forming and cascading down his face in mere moments.

Honor had no magic left when the second gunman rounded the corner, and immediately lifted the rifle.

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Dove felt better already. Though his heart continued to race and the memories continued to jeer at him in his mind, he felt somewhat anchored. Anchored, and yet suddenly very, very tired. The last few times in his life something like this had happened, it had always been the same strange tradeoff: mental clarity in exchange for all of his physical stamina. It had always frightened him to not know where this bargain came from. For all he knew, he could have just made a deal with /el diablo/.

Dove sidestepped away from the hidden entrance at the same time as a man emerged from within the secret room. No sooner had the man stepped before Honor than the burly man was on the ground, whimpering, cringing, crying...

Dove could relate.

A second man appeared and Dove waited for the man to meet the same fate. No doubt Honor was causing all of this with his Mickey Mouse Wizard voodoo hooey. [As you can see, Dove is quite educated in the magical arts.] But there seemed to be a hesitation. Maria sensed it too and the cousins both tensed as the rifle lifted...

CRACK.

Dove let out a yelp as the sudden sound practically knifed him in the ear holes and caused him to turn away from the noise. It was a single shot, aimed at the man with the rifle by none other than Maria. She had been smart to grab her glock out of her glove box. As she stood there and steadied her hands from the knockback of the gun, her expression remained hardened, maybe even somewhat cruel. At this point, there would be no limits to what she'd be willing to do to keep herself and Dove unscathed.

Within the space of a second, she aimed again and squeezed the trigger.

CRACK.

[Wow, I didn't expect to use that gun so soon. Wasn't thinking I'd find a chance to reveal it til later on...]
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:39 pm

So maybe it would have been smart to bring a gun on this excursion. Maybe Honor lucked out that Maria had happened to be in possession of a firearm, a weapon that didn't take a solid fifteen seconds to prepare.

Or perhaps it had been a part of his plan. Maybe it was all his /intuition/.

//Supernatural Intuition//.

He'd go with that.

Immediately after the second shot went off, Honor went down to pick up the fallen wizard. Ceaphas was a good friend if his, if a bit craven, he wasn't a bad man. "The safe house has been compromised..." Honor muttered, a rare spark of madness entering his eye. "Let's head down. Dove, tie up crybaby down there to a chair. Maria, help me look over Ceaphas. Maybe there's some clue over his body that can help us."

Laying the dead wizard down on the love seat in the middle of the house, he promptly sealed the entrance, igniting all the candles in the room with a single, simple spell. He looked over to Dove with a curious expression. He wanted to figure out what he had done on the surface. He hadn't considered the possibility of Dove being able to manipulate magic before.

Looking over his old friend, it was curious how much he had changed over the last year. Scars, old ones, covered his face, and his eyes showed evidence of insane restlessness. His typically white-blonde hair was greyed now.

The old wive's tale of stress turning hair grey was a literal reality for wizards. No one knew why, but a wizard's hair changes according to their situation, something like a mood ring, only instead of momentary emotion, it displayed personality and disposition.

Never trust a redhead.

"Maria, look around the room, make sure there are no bugs or cameras. They weren't here long, so there probably aren't any. If there are, break em."

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:06 pm

Dove's ear was ringing. Why was it ringing? This was normal, yes? I mean, standing next to a handgun as it's fired makes people's ears ring, right? Dove knew he shouldn't even have to ask. But pretending he didn't know was nice.

As the scuffle quickly died and the situation shifted to "aftermath mode" (ewww, math), Dove uncovered his ears and received an order from Honor. It took him a moment to process the muffled words during which he took the time to practically yell "whaaaaat?", his voice raised since his hearing was temporarily out of service. But then "tie crybaby down to a chair" registered and he grinned. Sweet. That was pretty much one-half of a kidnapping right there and he was ALWAYS 100% prepared for kidnappings! As he stepped forward he raised his duct tape to chest level and opened it with a relishing /sshhriiik/.

Okay, so maybe Dove's methods weren't all that conventional. But hey. That guy was certainly not getting away from that chair any time soon.

Since the chair had no arms Dove had draped the man over it so that his stomach rested on the seat. His arms hung over the left side and were securely duct taped to either chair leg on that side as were the man's thighs which hung over the right side. To see this guy try to escape from that would be quite... comical.

Meanwhile Maria was searching for bugs. She found a bug. Dove thought it was adorable. Lady bugs were his favorite!

Besides that, there was a camera. Dove sat the bug on top of it and dubbed it "King Camera", lord over all shutterbugs and other photogenic creepy crawlies. It made for a great distraction from the corpse, which he did his best to stay away from.

Maria, on the other hand, had quite thoroughly popped the corpse's dead personal bubble. Blood? Eh. The crimson ichor was actually quite useful in indicating exactly how this man had been abused. "Soooo what do we do with him," she inquired as she leaned in close and stared hard at his mutilated face.
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top