No Easy Way Out

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Easy Way Out

Post by Batman on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:31 pm

Here is what we have thus far:

Tyler's Post:
   It’s hard to imagine how people like this manage to keep their money when they’re so gullible, much less make so much in the first place. The woman on the therapist’s chair in front of him convulsed in agony as he laid his hands over her, obviously, she didn’t need to, she wasn’t actually possessed by a demon, but she was convinced enough, and so was her body apparently.
   Of course, the steady stream of magical energy entering her body through the unassuming man’s hands probably had something to do with it.
   The man responsible was Honor Carmichael, a tall man with short-cut brown hair and brown eyes to match. Not particularly large, or particularly skinny, just all in all, unassuming. Save for his attire, dressed in just about the most stereotypical wizard robes, a navy blue covered in little yellow pictures of stars and crescent moons, and a an overly tall, pointed hat of the same tacky color and design.
The laying of hands, screaming and bodily spasming and jerking wildly continued for about another half hour or so, the millionairess having her imaginary demons exorcised. That was the nature of the job, take rich folk who somehow have come to believe that their bodies were inhabited and controlled by ghosts, demons, or whatever imaginary baddies they cared to come up with, and with a little bit of magical assistance to drive the performance home, being a wizard has its perks, and drive it out of them.
The dunce came to her senses moments after the “exorcism” finished, sputtering and stuttering as Honor simply sat there, his absolute most saccharine smile on his face as his hands were folded in his lap. She muttered again, “Did… Did it work? Mister…” With a soft hand onto the calf of her leg, to reassure her of course, he responded. “I don’t believe that creep will be bothering you anymore Mrs. Smith.”
With a relieved sigh, she laid back. “Oh thank goodness… I didn’t think that anyone would be able to do it..” She turned to Honor and smiled. “Thank you.”
“Of course ma’am. It has been a while since I’ve seen someone with a demon that strong.” Honor nodded, keeping his routine going. Being possessed by some small-time demon or the ghost of some insignificant factory worker was one thing, but people were more grateful, and arguably, happier that they got to be possessed by some High Lord of the Underworld, or the ghost of Adolf Hitler or something. Which of course, meant bigger tips too. Everyone wins in this business.
“Oh… Oh my. Thank you again so much Mister Carmichael…” She handed me a McKinley for my… Troubles, if you could call it that. An awful large tip all things considered, it wasn’t like she had a history of seizures or other major happenstance associated with demonic possession, just some odd happenstance around her like doors would suddenly open, lights would shut down… Nothing serious, but it was perturbing her nonetheless. After a few cordial farewells, she was gone, and their transactions complete. Not as big of a job as normal, but at least this one was decent to look at for a half hour. Stare at the same 450-pound tub of lard that inherited all his wealth for a good hour or two, and you’d agree.
With a smile on his face, Honor went to check his agenda, and with a slight smirk, he looked over his next stop on the tour.
Boulder, Colorado.

Dyani's Post
Dove could not claim to be any sort of "man with a plan", but even free spirits sometimes need focus. Right now would be a good example of such focus. Today, this hour, at this precise point in time, DOVE. WANTED. OUT. Man, he loved Boulder just as much as the next visitor, but he'd arrived under the assumption that he'd be allowed to leave again when he was ready to move on. Everything seemed to be working against his departure, from broken-down cars to uncooperative cops to sudden changes in the weather.
"Maybe I'm being punished," he pondered as he sat in the coffee shop and gloomily stared down at his organic wheat grass shake. Blegh, wheat grass. But you can't say you've been to Boulder if you haven't had all things wheat grass.
"Or maybe you're just the klutz Auntie always said you were." The girl behind the counter continued to work on cleaning up a spill on the floor as her cousin lamented to her about the bad luck he'd been experiencing.
At length, Dove fell silent and took to moping. His wavy dark brown hair, which was mostly encased in a stubby ponytail at the back of his head, fell forward into his face where the shorter flyaways had emancipated themselves from the leather cord. His blue eyes spoke of self-pity most deplorable, the silvery flecks around his pupils catching the morning light as it pressed in through the coffee house windows. Dove's angular face and high cheekbones hinted at possible Native American heritage, as did the skin which so easily tanned under the sun during any one of his outdoor adventures. He liked to think he was part Cherokee, but really the bloodlines were so confused and diverse that only a DNA test would be able to decipher his heritage at this point.
Dove's twig-like brunette cousin heaved a sigh as she stood and looked over his sad demeanor. "Okay, okay, maybe you /are/ cursed or something." She took note of the way Dove perked up upon being taken seriously in his silly theory. "Sooo, what are you gonna do about it?"
Dove straightened, his long-fingered hands absently running over the Gryffindor scarf draped over his lap as he took a moment to let the little man in his brain warm up the rusty gears in his Think Department.
"I think... I think I will kidnap an expert."
"Find. You mean /find/ an expert."
"*siiiiigh* .... oh, alright!" Dove resigned himself to his influential cousin's modifications to his plan, though he couldn't help but tease her a bit after the fact: "But I should bring the duct tape just in case, right?"
"DOVE!"

Tyler's Post:
   Airplanes. If there is a worse way to travel out there, Honor couldn’t think of it. Sure, it was fast, efficient and ultimately, quite safe, there was just something unnatural about it. Maybe it was the giant pressurized can that surrounded him or the utter dismissal of the miracle of human engineering by the other residents, or the sheer fact that man was never meant to fly, yet there they all were, defying nature’s will as they so often did.
Or maybe it was the jerkwad in front of him that had his seat leaned back all the way onto Honor’s knees. Or the obviously ill woman next to him who he swear had nothing but tissue boxes in her purse to his left, or the man of linebacker size who believed in conserving water by not showering to his right.
It was probably all of the above. So when the plane landed in DIA, it came as a relief to him, even though the wait to get off was just short of an eternity, at least they were on the ground. That was something.
“Pattie.” Honor muttered as he received his call almost immediately after taking his phone off of airplane mode. Another annoyance of air travel. “Just landed. What’s up?”
“Honor, I just wanted to update you on your next job in… Boulder is it?”
“Yeah, some trust fund baby doing a Rapunzel imitation is convinced that some ghost is haunting him.”
Pattie sighed, “Alexander Intosh, he’s convinced that he disturbed an Indian graveyard while on a bike ride and wants you to peacefully ward off the angry spirits.”    
Honor smirked. A real head case. “Of course of course… Why does he think this?”
“Mostly just feelings of paranoia. He claims to hear tribal drums whenever he’s out in the open. According to him, it gets louder every day.”
“I’ll go and deal with his head drums then… Is he religious?”
He could practically feel his secretary’s smile through the phone. “Unless there’s some Holy Church of Kush out there I am unaware of…”
“Right. So no lay of hands, maybe some kind of meditative practice? I heard his kind of people love the Buddha…” Honor muttered. Most of his clientelle was religious, mostly Christians, so he usually just pulled a “lay on hands” maneuver, but that wouldn’t fly for a Buddhist or Atheist. Magic’s easier to channel with physical contact, not so easy when you’re sitting on the other side of the room going “oooohmmmm” for an hour.
“Probably. You could probably also use a souvenir and call it a ghost-catching device. Guy’d probably believe you.”
“We’ll see when I get there. Thanks Patricia.”, and giving their farewells, Honor hung up, and waited the eternity and a half before he could get off of the plane...

Last edited by Of The Falls on Thu May 29, 2014 7:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Batman
Admin

View user profile http://dzdroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: No Easy Way Out

Post by Batman on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Dove liked adventures. Everything could be an adventure if you put yourself in that mindset. But in this case, tracking down a curse-lifter was adventurous with or without such a mindset in place. He found himself skirting through hemp-laden alleyways, bribing hobos and falling prey to the evils of some sort of sorcery known as "aromatherapy". That did NOT work. He wasn't even sure if he still had a nose on his face afterwards. 'Tis the work of Satan himself, that cursed aromatherapy!

But Dove's nose did not die in vain. As he stood before an expensive house of a stylishly rustic appearance, his mouth curved upwards into a smug grin of triumph. Without anyone around to share his progress with, Dove settled with lifting his right hand and high-fiving himself with the left, issuing a satisfied "nnnice!" before sauntering up the gravel driveway. He was delighted to find that he could play the first six notes of "Jingle Bells" on the doorbell of this fancy house. This is how he entertained himself until a flustered young man threw open the door and snapped a rude greeting in his face.

Dove knew exactly what to do next. He knew that duct tape would come in handy some day! He entered the house after a brief altercation and utilized his new best friend as a squirmy pillow, for the couch in the living room was a little too plush for his taste. He left the door wide open out of sheer laziness, figuring whoever came in next could close the door instead.

And so he settled in, ignoring the muffled curses of the man below him as they waited on the floor in front of the couch for the "exorcist" that would solve all of Dove's woes.
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:26 pm

So this was Boulder. Honor had been to Colorado before, but only really to Denver a couple of times and to Colorado Springs once. Boulder certainly was different. He wasn't sure if it was the people he saw, stores he looked in, or the general atmosphere of the place. Once again, probably all of the above.
The drive to Boulder was, ultimately, uneventful. His driver wasn't much for conversation, which was probably the culprit for Honor's boredom. When they began to approach the city, the general feel of the city changed, which was odd.
Being a wizard, Honor had a sense of the supernatural that was rivaled by few. Magic is generated by everyone, witch, wizard, warlock or none of the above. When you don't have magical control, you just kinda spill it everywhere, which is what separates a "mundane" from a "miraculous", so to speak. When you go between nations or cultures, the magic in the air feels different. Normally, you don't get that change just by moving between cities.
The counterculture must be strong here. Centers of counterculture tend to do that to their general areas.
Driving up to the old rustic home , Honor noted the door was wide open. Must be an honest -to-god hippie with an open door policy. He was glad he brought his dreamcatcher.
In he went.

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:56 pm

"Waiting is boring," Dove declared to his human cushion as he shifted to a new sitting position. "You know, if you were a better conversationalist, time would move a little faster here." The body below him let out an annoyed grunt. An hour into the wait, Dove's best friend had finished struggling and instead settled with returning the eccentric man's words with different grunts of varying tones. Actually, for a man whose mouth had been duct taped, he was an great conversationalist.

The sound of shoes in the house caused the two to perk up. A smile crossed Dove's face while the other man's struggles started anew. His words were muffled into gobbledy gook by the duct tape as he tried once more to throw Dove off of his back. He was quickly silenced as Dove absently reached out and pushed the man's jerking head back down to the floor, knocking his head on the hardwood and stunning him into stillness.

"You're late," Dove called from the living room. "What time were you supposed to be here? He's late, isn't he." He looked down to his cushion for a reply, but his friend had become unresponsive for some reason.
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:39 pm

"You're late." Came a voice from inside.
/Joy oh joy.../ Thought Honor, practically groaning in his head. /This guy even sounds like a real head case./
"What time were you supposed to be here?" Came that same voice again. Honor's baritone rang out in reply, "Mister Intosh, I am well aware of your unfortunate circumstance, and I know you're quite anxious to have it resolved ASAP, but I am not late, and I'd appreciate it you wouldn't acc..."
He did not expect to see a man duct taped, unconscious and on the floor at the hands of another man.
Honor instantly turned to run.

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Dove's face brightened at the sight of Honor in his stereotypical wizard garb. Finally, someone who could help him! His expression fell when the man's face turned from professional to frightened and Dove felt his heart jolt in panic upon seeing the man turn to leave. "Nonononono, you can't leave yet," he voiced desperately, leaping up from from where he sat on "Mr. Intosh". He pounced like a cat, hoping that he could pin the wizard long enough to explain his ailments to the man.
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:41 pm

As a wizard, you can come off pretty convincing in the mundane world by just adding "Supernatural" at the beginning of most nouns. Migraines? Result of supernatural hunger. Restless? Your supernatural inner being is pushing you to try something new. Angry? Supernatural vengeance burning within you.
Thus far, Honor had yet to develop a supernatural desire to exercise.
He wasn't fat or anything, just never particularly driven to stay in shape. All in all, he didn't run NEAR fast enough for the pouncing eccentric.
Honor turned to a tool of the trade he had never been forced to use in recent years.
Bribery. Supernatural bribery if you'd like.
"I swear to God, if you just let me go, I'll give you as much money as you want. I won't tell the police anything I saw here... Please, just let me go."

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:05 pm

[Pfffft... supernatural bribery! I laughed at that xD]

Dove was feeling a little restless now. This was certainly not going according to plan. He hadn't even resorted to kidnapping yet and already this guy was offering bribes! A frown crossed the angular features of his face as he took in the panic of the wizard man below him. Then, in his urge to silence the man's panic, his slender hand clamped over the guy's mouth. "Hush," he ordered sternly, lifting his other hand to hold his index finger to his own lips. His silver flecked eyes flicked over the man's face as he sat there, his body poised and ready to adjust for any shifts in position the wizard's body might make.

[Sorry it took so long to post. Chores...]
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:20 pm

(Sorry this one took so long. Swordplay.)
/This kid's going to kill me./ Was the only thought running through his mind. Honor had only really had someone try to kill him once before. He didn't really know how to respond when the Wild Man of Boulder clasped his hands over Honor's mouth.
/I'll probably just be a hostage. He doesn't seem to have killed the owner, so I am probably safe for now./ He mused.
Then a horrid thought struck him. This man may be one of Stricker's goons.
/Mother of God.../

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:50 pm

[No prob =) ]

Dove waited, pleased to see the wizard man begin to quiet down. His smile did not return, for he now felt the delicacy of the proverbial eggshells he seemed to be treading on in this situation. He didn't want to break any more of them, so caution was key. He bit his lower lip, taking a moment to let the rusty Think Department gears turn on again before speaking slowly.

"Are you... a wizard?" Slowly he lifted his hand from the man's mouth, his silvery blue eyes flicking to the pointed hat near the man's head. "Like, a real wizard." He reached out for the hat, half out of curiosity and half out of a remarkably short attention span. Hey, the fact that he was still pinning the guy down really spoke volumes about how important this was to his distracted brain. "You have those... those bonafide magical powers, right," he asked as he peered into the depths of the hat with interest. He then placed it on his own head, as if it had always been meant to be there in the first place, before leaning his hands on the guy's chest and peering down at him in expectant anticipation for an answer.
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Rage surged through Honor's body. This punk had the audacity to break into HIS client's home, subdue HIS client and knock him out, now he's sitting on top of him, acting like some 5th grader whose going to his first magic show. /"Are you a wizard?"/ Bah!
He might not be the bravest, but Honor refused to allow ANYONE to touch his stuff.
Especially his hat.
"Oh yeah kid, I'm a bona fide wizard with bona fide magic..." He muttered, his eyes darkening as he tried to shove the kid off his chest. "Bona fide wizard whose going to bona fide boil your bona fide skin if you don't return the bona fide hat right bona fide now!"

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:20 pm

Dove, who didn't expect the sudden burst of rage, toppled backwards off of the man with a grunt. Whoa, where'd that bit of bravery come from?? He scrambled backwards away from the wizard's wrath as the brain gears began to squeak and stutter under the pressure. "Erm. No, wait! I need a wizard!" He pulled the hat off of his head and held it to his chest, peering over at the wizard through the flyaways in his face. "I think I'm cursed! Please, I can't stand it, I need to get out of this place!" Dove scrambled to his feet, nearly tangling himself in the Gryffindor scarf around his neck in the process.
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:28 pm

/There we go. A much more advantageous bargaining position./
"You're something all right kid..." Honor eyed him over with a sigh. Kid was a Potter fan... Great... He'd probably expect him to mumble some pseudo-Latin and vaporize the curser.
"Make you a deal. Give me my hat back, untie that nice man and let him breath, take a seat on the couch and sit on your hands and I'll hear your story out hm?"
Honor thought it over.
"And take off that stupid scarf Hufflepuff."

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:57 pm

Dove listened to the wizard's conditions, visibly perking up at the progress he seemed to have made with the magical man. He frowned indignantly at the "Hufflepuff" quip. "I'm not a Hufflepuff. These are Gryffindor colors," he replied with an injured air as he took up one end of the scarf and waved it at the man.

The conditions didn't seem that bad. Maybe he could weasel his way past the scarf part. He started with his friend on the floor. Unfortunately, the duct tape took a lot of hair with it, but it didn't seem to be enough to rouse the man. "He was awake when you walked in," Dove lamented with a sigh. "I don't know why he won't move now..."

In this case, Dove could be compared to Darla of that one movie about clownfish and "Nemos". He was a bit too unfamiliar with the delicacy of some of his fellow humans to know not to bend them certain ways or knock their heads against floors. Where he came from, rough living had bred tough creatures and an ironically naive Dove.

When the man was unbound, Dove looked to the hat in his hands. He gave it a hesitant, lingering stare, quite aware that it was his last bargaining chip that might sway the wizard. With a sigh, he tossed it towards its owner.
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:59 pm

I just realized I didn't really explain the "Darla" thing as fully as I should've but eh. I can't edit it now (on my phone) and I'm sure you can make inferences =)
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:23 pm

"Very good..." Honor looked over the kid and sighed, sliding his face into his palm . "Kid, I'm sure you've got a really strong emotional attachment to it, odds are, a really tragic backstory as to why you keep it, and I am sure I am being downright insensitive when I say..." He took a breath. "I... Cannot take you seriously with that around your neck."
He sighed, this was NOT how he anticipated tonight going down. This kid probably wasn't a Stricker goon, given how... Quasi-cooperative he's been thus far . So that was good at least.
"Ooookay kid. Let's start with names. I am Honor Carmichael, Wizard, Exorcist and Supernatural Consultant, at your service."
See? Supernatural makes every noun and title automatically legitimate.

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:48 pm

The wizard's credentials sounded impressive, especially the "supernatural consultant" bit. But what really struck Dove was the name. Honor. Really, when one finds an unusual name attached to such an average-looking man (minus the mickey mouse wizard costume), you can really only react with one initial question: Why??

But then again, Honor wasn't the only one in the vicinity with a less-than-standard name. "Dove," the young man replied, his simple introduction meeting Honor's flourishing title-drops with a lame, anticlimactic effect. He sidestepped once to reach the couch, sinking his lithe form into the cushy material as his fingers toyed at the scarf around his neck. With a frown, he reluctantly pulled it from his neck and let it fall, though his hands remained over the knit fabric as it sat pooled in his lap. "I think I'm cursed," he repeated as before. "I can't leave Boulder."
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Dove. That... Wasn't a normal name, not that Honor could say anything, given his own less-than-common name.
"So Dove..." He began, taking in a deep breath as he prepared to negotiate. He managed to remove Dove in a fit of rage, but he was certain if Dove decided to, he could easily subdue him again. He had to tread carefully.
"Your... Method of getting my attention is... Less than appreciated, but since you let the nice man go, I'll hear you out, see what you need. Just a warning, I do not work cheap ."
Then a sudden realization came upon him. The navy blue, stars-and-moons robe and wizard hat probably didn't help the kid take him as seriously as he should. Not much he could do about that now, but it was disconcerting nonetheless.
"So tell me Mister Dove, what makes you think you're cursed?"

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:26 pm

Crap. /"Do not work cheap"?/ Dove didn't have money. Living in Boulder was expensive, even on the days where he crashed at his cousin's place. He'd have to find some way to modify the price. Maybe even dodge it all together. But for now, he'd focus on getting his "curse" dealt with.

Dove leaned back, lounging comfortably on the couch to promote a faster thinking process. It wasn't until he was comfortable that he parted his lips and spoke. "I travel," he began. "I never stay in one town for very long. It wouldn't be very adventurous if I did. I think I've been here for two weeks... I think... but now that it's time to leave, I just. Can't. Leave."

Dove stopped there, waiting expectantly for the wizard to solve all of his problems, but the man in the Think Department piped up and told him to elaborate. "Um, my car broke down at the town border and then the bus did when I tried to use it and then a cop stopped me and turned me back when I tried to go on foot and then this freak rainstorm hosed me last time I tried to get out. This isn't normal, right? I think someone doesn't want me to leave."
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Wonderful... This kid had real reasons to think he was cursed. The... Affliction he described was just about synonymous with a real hex. Pure bad luck, manipulation of events, all really subtle but don't fail to deliver a point. He was going to ask if he attempted to leave on foot, but that was a stupid question. This... Presented a real problem.
"Mister Dove..." Honor began slowly. "During your stay in Boulder... Did you... Make any enemies? Creditors? Ex-girlfriends? Local law enforcement? Curses don't materialize out of thin air..."
Sigh... This was going to be a long gig...

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:33 pm

Dove tensed at the mention of an enemy, the very idea causing him to bristle almost like a cat. He skittered across the couch towards Honor and perched precariously on the couch arm, leaning towards Honor with an air of distress. "Not here," he answered, "not so soon! I've barely even made a friend!"

Dove teetered slightly and the readjusted his balance, focusing on Honor's face when he felt sturdy again. "So it really is a curse? I knew it! What are we gonna do?" As Dove's tone grew more anxious, he began to lean more towards Honor on his perch. When he lost control over his brief panic, his arms reached out for Honor, thus upsetting his balance "I don't even know who would- GAH," he exclaimed as he tumbled to the floor. He was still for a moment, as though he had maybe knocked himself out or hurt himself. Ah, wait... he's stirring... he's moving... yup, there he goes. The young man leapt back to his feet, unharmed. "I have NO idea who would have cursed me," he stated, suddenly grim and serious.
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:37 pm

"That's uh..."
Honor wasn't entirely certain of how to react. Dove seemed to have gone from Wild Man of Boulder to a semi-rational being in a matter of moments. This was going to be a long gig...
"That's not good kid... So we really do not have a place to start investigating this then... I really cannot get rid of the hex for good until the source is found. Hexes are like parasites, only you can't just remove it , it'll just grow back."
Then a lightbulb went off in his head. He began, a slight twinkle in his mud brown eyes, kid, whatever your most prized possession is, something you take with you wherever you go, and let me go and change out of this cartoonish getup."

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:25 pm

Dove's hand held his narrow chin thoughtfully as his mind continued to comb through faces in search of a hostile Boulderite. Honor's explanation about hexes cast an even darker depth of grimness over his angular facial features. Man, he thought it would have been easier than this.

But then Honor's tone suddenly changed. Dove could almost see the lightbulb above the man's head as he glanced back at the wizard. His most prized possession? Well, that was easy enough. His scarf was the only thing he ever really bothered to keep track of, though it felt weird to call this possession "prized". It was more of an arm or a leg. You don't really "prize" those. They're just always there and you do your best to keep them intact.

"Kid?" he murmured when Honor used the word again. How old did this man think he was? Dove didn't bother saying anything though. Every person had their linguistic quirks and pointing them all out would just be a waste of time.

Dove turned back to the couch and retrieved his scarf, glancing down when the man on the floor began to stir. He crouched down with a pleased smile and visually inspected the groaning man for a moment before standing back up and throwing the scarf back around his neck with a satisfied flourish.
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guildrum on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:34 pm

No more faux wizard robe and hat. Good, the whole thing was awful corny anyways. Now simply wearing a dark green buttoned shirt and blue jeans, Honor felt much less like a Gandalf cosplayer.

Honor really did not understand why he was suddenly so willing to help this punk, but he had given his word that he'd look into it. If his luck held, it'd probably just be a scorned and entirely unthreatening ex-girlfriend and not some uber-powerful lich or something.

"Okay Dove..." Honor began, clearing this throat. "I will help you identify the hexer, but beyond that, you are on your own. Do we understand?"

He suddenly looked back at the rising Mr. Intosh. Uh oh.

"You know what, that hit on the head you gave him should clear his case of head drums. Let's get to work..."

Guildrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:47 pm

Dove looked to Honor as he walked back into the living room. Dang, if that man was standing in a crowd, he'd be practically invisible in all his remarkably unassuming glory. Without the costume, Honor didn't look like a wizard at all. The change made Dove guffaw.

"Indeed," he responded with an amused glimmer in his eye. He swept past the man with a chuckle, ignoring the groaning man on the floor as he stepped out of the front door to tackle this new adventure. "What are you planning?"
Batman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top